top of page
  • Fairbury News staff

PCE evacuated due to smoke






All students and staff at Prairie Central Elementary in Fairbury are safe after an evacuation late Tuesday morning.


In a note to parents and guardians, which was also shared to Prairie Central social media, Superintendent Paula Crane explained smoke was detected in the multi-purpose room which serves as the gym and cafeteria. Students and staff members were evacuated to a location outside the building while the Fairbury Fire Department responded.


“It was determined that the smoke was caused by a fault in the heating system in that location,” stated the letter from Crane. “After determining that the building was again safe, the fire department gave the all clear for students and staff to re-enter and resume usual activities.”


Crane said everyone was safe during the incident and thanked firefighters for their quick response as well as the PCE school staff for keeping students “calm, orderly and safe” during the evacuation.

250 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Commentaires


DAVES LOGO larger.jpg
Image.jpeg
bottom of page