- Fairbury News staff
Health Department update
Six hundred and two residents of Livingston County have tested positive for COVID-19.
Livingston County Health Department (LCHD) officials were notified of the new COVID-19 cases between January 19-24, 2022. The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is also reporting five additional COVID-19 related deaths for Livingston County during this same time. To date, IDPH reports having 214,969 COVID-19 test results for the county; of that, 9,851COVID-19 tests have been positive, 437 cases remainactive and, sadly, 126 cases have resulted in death due to complications related to COVID-19. As COVID at-home tests become more widely used, it is important to note that reported numbers only include those tests in which the results are sent to lab, not at-home tests.
Vaccination continues to be the best way to protect yourself and others. Families are welcome to visit the LCHD (310 E Torrance Ave, Pontiac) for their COVID-19 vaccinations on Mondays and Thursdays from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Appointments are strongly encouraged and may be scheduled by visiting their website www.lchd.us. Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J are all be available free of charge to the public for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and booster doses, including Pfizer pediatric doses for ages 5-11. All children ages 5-17 must be accompanied by legal guardian. Adults must have their driver’s license/State ID as well astheir vaccination card for all doses except the first.
Masks must be worn when interacting with LCHD staff. For those with limited mobility, your vaccination may bebrought your vehicle.
State COVID test sites near Livingston County currently include:
· Heartland Community College in Pontiac (211 E Madison, Pontiac; 2nd floor of Pontiac PublicLibrary): Free PCR testing; appointment required; Mondays 3:00 - 6:00
p.m. and Thursdays 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.
· Interstate Center (1106 Interstate Dr., Bloomington): Free PCR testing; no appointment necessary; drive-thru/walk-up testing; Monday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· CampusTown UrgentCare: Free PCR and rapid testing(insurance billed, if available); appointment required; see CampusTown’s website for times (www.covidtest.center/)
o Central IllinoisRegional Airport (3201Cira Dr, Bloomington); Monday-
o CampusTown UrgentCare (631 East Green Street,Champaign); Every day
· Local pharmacies: Contactrespective pharmacies for their currenttesting availability
· Local physician’s offices: Contact respective offices for their current testing availability