top of page
  • Fairbury News staff

Fire damages rural home

This house along 2100 East Rd. southwest of Fairbury was heavily damaged by fire Thursday morning.

A home south of Fairbury sustained extensive damage from a fire which broke out Thursday morning.

Firefighters responded to the structure at 4001 North 2100 East Road after 8:30 a.m. and observed heavy smoke and fire upon arrival. Fairbury Fire Chief Martin Steidinger said the fire likely started in the ventilation area of a wood pellet stove which was used inside the house.

“(The fire) wasn’t very big when he called but didn’t take long to get rolling with the wind,” Steidinger stated.

The blaze spread to the attic and got to the outside. The sole occupant who was home at the time safely escaped uninjured, according to Steidinger. Even though it did not take firefighters long to knock the fire out, they remained on the scene several hours as a precaution.

In addition to Fairbury, fire departments responded from Forrest, Strawn and Pontiac with SELCAS ambulance on standby. Pontiac sent their investigators to examine the scene.

1,081 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


DAVES LOGO larger.jpg
bottom of page